April 4, 2019
Sweet Potato Toast with Mushrooms and Poached Egg
- 2 slices of sweet potato (1/4-1/2″ thick)
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 2 medium brown mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium tamari
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp grapeseed oil or other cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp water
- hemp hearts
- Place sweet potato slices in toaster and toast until desired softness.
- Poach one egg in boiling water with apple cider vinegar.
- In a frying pan combine grapeseed oil, mushrooms, garlic, tamari, maple syrup and cook.
- Slice up avocado.
- Combine tahini, hot sauce, water, lemon juice for the sauce.
- Once everything is prepared, layer sweet potato slices with avocado, mushroom mix, egg, and pour over sauce.
- Top with hemp hearts.
- Serve with cilantro and cherry tomatoes if you would like the extra colour/flavour.