November 15, 2019
Tiger nuts are incredibly healthy and also help maintain our ideal weight and even lose weight. Nowadays it is considered a superfood, thanks to the number of benefits that can bring to our health.
Some of the benefits are:
- High fibre content, it keeps us fit and helps satiate our appetite.
- One of the best sources of magnesium.
- It contains more potassium than bananas.
- Excellent source of protein.
- Promotes fertility in both women and men.
- Rich in antioxidants
This amazing recipe is a traditional beverage from Spain, with a little twist using dates as a sweetener instead of sugar and coconut water instead of water.
Tiger Nut Horchata
- 1 cup tiger nuts
- 2 cups fresh coconut water or filtered water
- 3 dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- To prepare the Horchata, the first thing we have to do is soak the nuts for 24 hours in filtered water.
- Once soaked, discard the water and pour the nuts into the blender with the two cups of coconut water or filtered water.
- Blend at high speed until well mixed
- Strain the liquid using a mesh or bag. (You can use the remaining pulp to make tiger nut flour)
- Pour the tiger nut milk back into the blender along with the rest of the ingredients
- Blend at high speed until smooth.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in a glass container.
- Consume within 48 hours