March 10, 2018
I’ve always known chia seeds were healthy, but I had no idea just how healthy, and versatile they were!
For years I just threw a handful in my smoothies and that was that. But I’ve come to learn that you can create puddings and jams, add them to cakes and muffins, sprinkle them on salad and eggs, or pretty much any meal of your choosing – the possibilities are endless.
These tiny little guys are full of protein, omega 3s, magnesium, fibre, calcium, iron, antioxidants and more! They may be small but they pack a huge punch.
Many years ago my sister sent me a recipe for Chia seed pudding. I don’t know why but I never tried it…UNTIL NOW. I had to tweak it a bit here and there, but I finally came up with a recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
CHIA SEED PUDDING
- 2 Cups of Organic Almond milk
- 1/3 Cup of Organic Chia Seeds
- 1/4 – 1/2 Teaspoon of Organic Vanilla extract
- 2-4 Tbsp of Honey or Maple Syrup (taste to your liking)
- Add almond milk, vanilla, honey/maple syrup in a mason jar
- Shake together
- Add the Chia seeds and shake
- Place in fridge for 2-5 hours
- We like to do it at night and eat it in the morning
- It’s so easy I gave the recipe to my 8 year old son and had him make it for the family
- Everyone was excited and he was so thrilled that he made it himself
If it doesn’t have enough flavour you can easily add in any of the following (or what you have on hand) ENJOY!
- Raw Cacao
- Fresh or frozen Fruit (frozen blueberries are my fav)!