July 22, 2019
This smoothie is filling, nutritious, naturally sweet and absolutely delicious! It can be made for breakfast, after a workout or as a mid-day snack! It is nutrient-dense and filled with antioxidants, protein and healthy fats along with many other vitamins & minerals. It definitely satisfies your “sweets cravings”, but without the refined and processed sugars and harmful ingredients that are void of nutrients and in fact wreak havoc on your digestive system and many important bodily functions.
Chocolate Peanut Butter and Banana Power Protein Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup of dried oats
- 2-3 dates or 2 teaspoons of maple syrup (you can add more or less dates or maple syrup to your liking)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Cacao Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Cacoa Nibs (save some for sprinkling on top– if you wish)
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract (or almond extract)
- 1 1/2 cups cup of Almond Milk
- 1 tsp of ground Flaxseed
- 1 tsp of ground Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp of hemp hearts
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter (Almond Butter works well– or any other nut butter!)
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender until all ingredients are blended well and the consistency is smooth.
- Pour into a cup and sprinkle some hemp hearts, cacao nibs or coconut flakes on the top!
Enjoy the burst of energy and deliciousness!