July 30, 2019
Curbing my sweet tooth has been a lifelong struggle, but one of the biggest breakthroughs in becoming a healthier eater has been finding satisfying sweets that are packed with nutrients and get their sweetness from natural sugars. These banana bread muffins are one of my favourite snacks and can double as a quick and easy breakfast. Feel free to swap the almond butter for your favourite nut butter and add in any “chunks” you want, such as raisins, chocolate, nuts, etc.
Easy Almond Banana Muffins
- 2 cups rolled oats (substitute nut flour for Paleo)
- 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas (about 7)
- ½ cup almond butter (or any nut or seed butter you prefer)
- ¼ – ½ cup of “extras” – chopped dried fruit or nuts, chocolate chips, etc.
- Coconut oil for greasing the muffin pan
- Preheat the oven to 170C (340F) and grease a muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients and mix well.
- You can choose to blend oats in a blender for a finer grain first, but I chose to leave the oats as is.
- Fold in your “extras” dried fruit, nuts, or chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the muffin pan. Top with extra nuts or chocolate chips for a pretty crust and bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden on the outside and firm in the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan.
Makes 1-1 ½ dozen depending on the thickness of muffins.