August 20, 2019
My husband and I like to mix it up for our morning nosh, and he created the tastiest oatmeal ever. We are never hungry when we eat this in the morning. I added my little spin on it too, and I can officially say that it is perfect and ready to be shared.
Easy Breakfast Oatmeal
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of maple syrup/agave nectar/ honey
- 1 cup of berries
- 2 tablespoon of almond butter
- First pour oats, almond milk, water, salt and cinnamon into a pot.
- On high heat, bring mixture to a boil, while consistently stirring.
- When it begins to boil, leave for 30 seconds to a minute, and then bring to a simmer.
- Let it cook on simmer until the oats have absorbed the milk and water, and that it begins to thicken.
- Pour into two bowls, and pour your sweetener, toss in the berries and put your favourite almond butter on top.