September 18, 2017
One of my favourite things to make for a quick meal is a wrap. But who wants all those processed grains, chemicals and preservatives in their food? When I go grocery shopping I make sure I buy organic to limit my body’s exposure to unnatural substances that factory farming has resorted to. So I have made up an easy way to make your own wrap. It contains omega’s, healthy fats, and even protein! I have used this recipe to make one big wrap or mini wraps for appetizers or even desserts.
Easy Healthy Wrap
Check out how easy this recipe is!!!
- 3 Tbsp Flax Meal
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Paprika (Substitute with Cinnamon for desserts!)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1Tbsp Water
- 1Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Combine the above ingredients in a mixing bowl thoroughly, and heat in a pan on medium heat
- Place about one tablespoon of coconut oil to grease the pan
- When the pan is warm enough you can either decide to make one large wrap or make multiple mini wraps
- Pour the mixture into the pan; you might have to take the back part of a spoon and spread the batter evenly so it is approximately 1/4 of an inch thick
- Cooking times may vary depending on the size of wrap you are making
- Mini wraps take about 90 seconds to two minutes per side the large wrap can take two to three minutes per side
- They’re as easy as making pancakes!!
Some of my favourite ways of making the wraps is just as simple as using sprouts, cucumber, tomato, and hummus! When making a dessert just using finely chopped apple, raisins, tossed with some maple syrup. The possibilities are endless, it’s time to get creative!!!