June 14, 2018
One of my favourite things ever is hummus, I love it on sandwiches, in bowls, with veggies or high fiber crackers – it’s literally good on everything and adds an awesome hit of plant based protein and fiber to whatever you add it to! The only thing is that a lot of the hummus’ on the market are filled with inflammatory oils like canola oil and preservatives so they almost do more harm, than good when you add them to your plate!
Enter my insanely easy to make, oil free but still creamy and delicious HUMMUS!
What You’ll Need
- 1 can of NO SALT added chickpeas, drained and rinsed – can sub 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Add peeled garlic to your food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add all other ingredients into food processor and blend on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until fully blended and creamy.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to 1 week!