July 9, 2021
I started my health journey to shed a few extra pounds but it has quickly become so much more than that and truly life-changing! It was hard for me at first to find a great recipe that I looked forward to eating but after searching books and the internet, mixing a few recipes together, I found one I truly love. I would love to share it with you now. I actually look forward to eating it and I hope you will too!
Favourite Broccoli Salad
- 1 medium head of broccoli (chopped into bite-sized pieces is best)
- 1/4 or 1/3 cup red onion (diced, personal preference)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise or for a healthier version substitute for plain greek yogurt (upping the protein and reducing unhealthy fats and calories)
- 1 or 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (personal preference)
- 1 or 2 tbsp of real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup of your favourite cheese (I use old cheddar cheese)
- Combine broccoli, red onions, sunflower seeds, raisins, and optional bacon and cheese in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Stir together mayonnaise or greek yogurt and vinegar in a small bowl. (I like to add a splash of milk if I use mayonnaise at this point)
- Pour over the top of the broccoli mixture and stir evenly to coat.
Best served immediately. Can be refrigerated.
This recipe is great for individuals maximizing their nutrition with minimal time for preparing!