January 10, 2022
Goji berries have been around for thousands of years and are traditionally used in Chinese medicine. Not only are these berries delicious but they are rich in nutrients and are believed to help combat, prevent and aid with many different issues. From helping boost immune system function, improving eyesight and promoting healthy skin, decreasing feelings of fatigue and anxiety, protection of the liver, and protection against cancer, just to name a few. With a combination of ginger (immunity booster) and fresh lemon juice (digestive health, antioxidant) this tea can help rejuvenate your body.
Add this tea to your daily or weekly ritual in the morning, afternoon or even before bed. It’s sure to give you that feel-good feeling inside and can potentially help combat those yearly colds and flu’s that creep in during the winter months.
Rejuvenating Goji Berry Tea
- a small handful of dried Goji berries
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 peeled and chopped chunk of fresh ginger
- boiling water
- Boil water in a kettle or on the stove
- In teacup add chopped ginger and a small handful of dried Goji berries
- Add boiling water to a cup
- Add a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Allow to sit and steep for about 5-7 minutes
- You can then remove the berries and ginger or drink the tea with them inside (I leave it all in!)
I usually eat the Goji berries after drinking the tea as well, they’ll be super soft and tasty. They won’t go to waste and you’ll get in some additional nutrients too.