May 26, 2020
Bored of the same old tomato sauce? Try this easy sauce, perfect for pasta or accompaniment to any protein.
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 2 red peppers (you can use yellow or orange as well)
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano (substitute nutritional yeast for vegan option)
- Set oven to 450 C.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Wash peppers thoroughly, and cut in half. Remove seeds.
- Place peppers on a baking sheet and place in an oven to roast.
- Bake for about 20 – 30 minutes, until the skin is charred and soft. Place peeled garlic on a baking sheet about half-way through roasting.
- Remove peppers and garlic from the oven. Let peppers slightly cool to allow pepper skins to peel off easily.
- Place peppers and garlic in a food processer and pour in olive oil. Blend and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with pasta with grated Parmigiano or nutritional yeast. Also enjoy the puree as an accompaniment to any protein, or as a nutritious dip.
Feeds 2 to 4 people, depending on usage.