March 30, 2021
Being a mom of two kids, I mostly prefer to make recipes that are healthy, tasty, and also simple.
Tofu Spinach Curry is a modified version of a popular Indian dish named “PALAK PANEER”, in which Indian cottage cheese is cooked in Spinach curry. After learning about the goodness of Tofu, I thought of making recipes with it. My kids are not a big fan of tofu, so I swapped the cottage cheese(even though it is a healthier option)with tofu which made it palatable for them.
Tofu is a complete protein with all nine amino acids and a good source of calcium and iron. When tofu is mixed with spinach, which is loaded with lots of vitamins and minerals like Carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, iron, and high in insoluble fiber, it’s going to be a super nutritious recipe for the kids.
This curry goes well with Indian flatbread, any type of rice, and even tortillas.
Spinach Tofu Curry
- Tofu – cubes – 1 cup
- Spinach – finely chopped – 1 cup
- Onion – finely chopped – half cup
- Tomato – finely chopped – 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, finely chopped onions & ginger garlic paste, and saute well till the onions become slightly brown.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook till it becomes mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder & garam masala powder, and required salt.
- Mix well, add the spinach and half a cup of water, and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Now add the tofu cubes into the curry and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Squeeze some lemon juice to enhance the flavor.