September 19, 2019
Now I always like to keep things simple in the kitchen when cooking. Let’s be honest I don’t enjoy cooking, I actually despise the whole process of finding a recipe and getting the ingredients and cooking and cleaning up. I like to just throw everything in a pan or pot and call it a day. So here is the perfect recipe for you simple chefs like me for a delicious vegan breakfast!
Vegan Breakfast Hash
- Sweet potatoes (or any kind of potatoes of your liking)
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion (medium-sized)
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- Spices (garlic powder, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper)
If I am feeling really healthy I may fry up some spinach to add on thereafter. You can make this your own and add more or less of any kind of vegetable for your liking! To top it off I normally melt some vegan cheese on top, added some hot sauce and a diced avocado. I recently came across a Tahini Sriracha recipe I might try with it next time! So if you are fancier than me go ahead and try it. You can probably find it on google or Pinterest!
- Turn your oven on to 425F and let it pre-heat.
- Dice up all the potatoes and veggies to your size and liking. Instead of a pan, I like to throw them in a bowl. Make sure to rinse your chickpeas or soak them overnight if you’re using dried.
- Add them to the bowl too and drizzle with oil. I prefer avocado oil.
- Add in the spices to your liking; stir the oil and spices around in the bowl coating all the ingredients inside.
- Dump them out evenly onto a baking pan so they are all evenly coated and spiced.
- Put in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring it partway through.
- If you want to add some vegan cheese what I do is then put my serving on a plate that is oven safe, add the cheese and throw it in the oven to melt. Just be sure to not overcook the veggies and potatoes till they are soggy so maybe take it out a few minutes before if you are adding cheese.
- Then VIOLA, dice up some avocado to add to it too if you want. Breakfast of champions for the simple chef!
As for the sauce, I haven’t tried it yet but I might attempt it this weekend. As for now, a little hot sauce goes a long way!