September 8, 2021
Apple pie is one of my guilty pleasures but with this delicious recipe, I no longer have to suffer the guilt. Not only is this pudding a healthy substitute for the real thing, but it is also every bit as satisfying.
Apple Pie Chia Pudding
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup of your favourite milk (I enjoy using unsweetened coconut milk for this recipe)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Apple Walnut Topping
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Whisk all ingredients for the chia pudding in a medium bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Once the pudding has settled, toss the apples, maple syrup and cinnamon in a bowl until the apples are coated evenly.
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat and add the coated apples and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until the apples begin to caramelize and become tender. Be sure that you continue to stir the mixture so that the maple syrup doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pan.
- Add walnuts and cook for about another minute. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Layer the pudding in a bowl and serve with the apple walnut topping.
Makes 4 servings