July 28, 2017
I’ve never been a huge fan of salads. My type of salad is more like “would you like some lettuce with all those toppings?” What can I say? I like my salads dressed up nicely! This Butternut Squash Salad has quickly become one of my favorites and is filled with so many vitamins & nutrients that it will leave you feeling full, healthy & refreshed!
- Helps to improve bone health, reduces risk of diabetes, lowers high blood pressure, anti-inflammatory properties, improves metabolism & prevents growth of cancerous cells in the body
- Good source of protein, controls blood pressure, helpful in managing & reducing weight, plentiful in vitamin D, vitamin A, calcium, potassium, sodium & phosphorous
- Contains omega-3 fatty acids, thiamin, vitamin B12, zinc & selenium
- Good source of vitamin E, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid & manganese; good for lowering & preventing high blood pressure, preventing asthma, digestive health & boosting immune function
- Extremely rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids & dietary fiber; apple pectin also has a detoxifying quality & is used in many cleansing formulas
- Aids in weight loss, reduces heart problems, slows down the aging process, boosts metabolism & digestion, prevents breast cancer & gallstones & reduces LDL cholesterol levels
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Speeds up metabolism, helps cleanse digestive system, has HCl to help digestion of food
Butternut Squash & Apple Salad
- Organic green leaf lettuce
- 1 package free-range organic chicken breasts
- 3 slices of bacon – crumbled
- 1 medium-sized organic butternut squash – cubed
- 1 medium-sized organic apple – cubed
- Feta cheese crumbles (optional)
- Handful of craisins (optional)
- Olive oil & Apple Cider Vinegar
- Himalayan Salt
- Grill, cook or bake chicken until browned on the outside.
- For squash: peel & cube squash. Arrange on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle with Himalayan salt & cinnamon. Roast on 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour, rotating halfway through.
- Arrange salad
Drizzle with olive oil & apple cider vinegar or your favourite dressing & dig in!