November 24, 2017
Winter is here and it’s time for some warm and cozy meal options. I love this easy-to-make recipe. It is vegetarian, gluten free and can be had with any clean eating meal plan. With only a few ingredients, it’s super easy and quick to make.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 4 Cups of vegetable broth (you can also used the low sodium option)
- 1-2 Tsp salt
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on a medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic and let that cook until it becomes soft.
- Add the cubes of squash and broth into the pot and bring it to a boil. Then cover and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes until softened. (may need a few minutes more depending on the size of squash cubes you used)
- Pour the contents of the pot into a blender (be careful because it will be hot) and add the salt.
- Blend everything together until smooth.
That’s it! Serve and enjoy.