December 18, 2019
I am a lover of pizza but who isn’t?!
I have tried so many kinds of crusts but this one stuck out for me. It was not only delicious, but chickpeas have so many benefits!
- High in Plant-based protein
- Great Source of fibre with a low glycemic index
- Aids in stabilizing blood sugar
- Aids digestion
The best part about this recipe is that it is Vegan as well! You can adjust the toppings for your pizza to best suit your lifestyle.
Chickpea Pizza Crust
- 2 Cups Chickpea flour
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture over the pan in a thin layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Spread with toppings of choice and bake for a few additional minutes as needed (this will depend on your toppings ex. Cheese – bake until melted).
- Serve warm.