June 3, 2021
These gluten-free muffins are great for breakfast on the go or a quick healthy snack. Bananas add the right amount of sweetness to these muffins and are a great source of potassium. I added flax seed powder for extra fibre, protein and some healthy Omega 3’s. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Flax Seed Banana Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp flax seed powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of chopped walnut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat muffin tins with non-stick spray or use paper liners.
- In a large bowl mash bananas, then add eggs, honey, yogurt and vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts (optional).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, and bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. Makes 12 muffins.