September 21, 2021
Delicious Blueberry Chia Jam
- 3 cups of frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds, dried
- 3 tbsp of honey or sweetener of your choice.
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- In a saucepan, place your blueberries and honey and heat over medium heat.
- As the blueberries start softening and bubbles appear at the surface, add the chia seeds. The chia seeds contain fibre and Omega-3 fatty acids essential for the functioning of your body.
- Stir the mixture on low heat for about 10 to 12 minutes and remove from the stove. Add the lemon juice. The acidity will help preserve your jam and taste longer.
- Pour your mixture into a jar and let it cool completely for it to solidify.
- Enjoy on your favourite a slice of bread, pancakes, yogurt, or cereals.
Nutrition Facts for 2 jars: Calories 224 I Total fat: 0.9g I Total Carbohydrate: 57.8g I Dietary fibre: 5.5g I Total sugars: 47.6g I Protein: 1.9g I Calcium: 7mg I iron 3mg I Potassium 192 mg