May 13, 2019
Maple Syrup Salmon With Asparagus
- 1 pack of baby potatoes
- 1 pack of green asparagus
- 2 – 3 carrots
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 2 salmon filets
- maple syrup
- soya sauce
- ½ a fresh lemon
- Boil some water in a small pan, add some salt and then add the potatoes. Boil the potatoes for about 15 – 20 min. until they are soft.
- Preheat the oven at 180°/200° C. In a small bowl mix the maple syrup and the soya sauce together with a little bit of freshly squeezed lemon.
- Grease a casserole with a bit of butter or olive oil, place the two salmon pieces nicely in the casserole, add some salt and pepper to the salmon and cover it with the maple syrup and soya sauce mix. Cook it in the oven for about 15 – 20min at 180°/200° C until the salmon becomes a nice golden colour.
- Peel the carrots and the stems of the asparagus. Cut the carrots into bigger slices and them in a frying pan. Add a little bit of water to the carrots and let it cook for a few minutes until the water evaporated. Add some olive oil, some salt & pepper and other seasonings like herbs that you like and let it cook. When cooking make sure that the carrots are still a bit crunchy. Once finished remove them from the stove.
- In the meantime bring some water in a deep pan to boil and add the asparagus to it. Add some salt and the white wine to the boiling water. Cook the asparagus for about 10min and then remove the pan from the stove.
- Bring a bit of butter in a frying pan to melt add the asparagus and the carrots and let it fry for just a few minutes.
The dish is ready to serve!