October 30, 2018
You’re looking at a bar of dark chocolate as your heart reminds your mind’s craving of the one ounce recommended daily indulgence. No one, who is human, feels satisfied by that limitation for good health.
As an life long Health Rebel I have created and tested, with raving reviews, a not-so-chocolate- chocolate bark that will put all your senses to complete rest. You can also use this gourmet recipe for the icing on top of the “Fall Day Chocolate Brownies” (See Blog Above)
What You Will Need
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 4-6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4-6 tbsp carob powder (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shavings
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- Nuts (optional)
- Dried fruit (optional)
• Place coconut oil in a bowl, place that bowl into a larger bowl filled with warm water (this is to soften the oil)
• Mix in remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly (creating a liquid/ paste like substance)
• Add more cocoa powder for desired darkness of bark or add more honey for desired sweetness
• Pour and spread evenly onto a pan lined with parchment or wax paper
• Place in freezer for 15-20 minutes (or until hard)
• Remove and break into pieces.
• Store in an air-tight container in fridge or freezer as this not-so-chocolate- chocolate bark tends to melt quickly.
Experiment with this recipe adding or removing different ingredients into coconut oil satisfying any craving you may have, guilt free!