November 6, 2018
These peanut butter protein balls are loaded with protein, fiber and healthy fats to keep you feeling full and energized any time of day. They make a great addition to breakfast, a grab and go snack, or a delicious dessert. Not only are they healthy, but they are made with only 5 ingredients and can be made in 5 minutes.
They are also incredibly versatile. The peanut butter can be substituted for another nut or seed butter of choice. Chia seeds can be added for a nutritional boost. If you want extra chocolate you can add in some cocoa powder. Shredded coconut or cranberries can be added for extra flavour. The list goes on and on. I really encourage you to play around with these and find a flavour profile that suits you.
These balls will last in the fridge for up to week, although a batch usually only lasts 24 hours in my house. You can also make a double batch and freeze for later.
PB Protein Balls
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup cocao nibs
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup ground or milled flax seed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Simply combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and roll into small balls
- This recipe will make approximately 12 bites depending on the size
- Store bites in the fridge for up to a week