March 28, 2019
Living in a world where added sugar is hiding in pretty much everything, here’s a recipe that will satisfy your sugar craving without the guilt.
Raw sugar consumption has many unwanted effects in the body that are not even always perceivable. Since I’ve almost retrieved completely this evil ingredient from my diet, I realized that I’m feeling emptied of my energy for a couple of hours when I ingest it. This is why I’ve been working to replace those high sugar low nutrients foods as much as possible.
As everyone still needs comfort food from time to time, here’s a recipe of a little sweet treat. A sweetness without added sugar and without cooking, to preserve all the good nutrients.
Raw Vegan Cocoa and Berries Cake
6 servings / Soaking: 4h / Preparation time: 45 min / Refrigeration time: 2h / Total time: 6h45
- 1 1/4 cup of almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, in equal parts, soaked for 4h.
- 1/2 cup fresh dates
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/8 c. raw gray salt
- 2 cup soaked cashews 4h
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup of fresh dates
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 3 tbsp. agar-agar (bring to boil in 200ml of water)
- 1 cup of fresh berries or the fruit of your choice.
- In your blender, grind the nuts and seeds until you obtain a flour or a little less depending on your taste.
- Add the dates. Mix well.
- Add the raw cocoa and the gray salt and mix until the mixture forms a ball.
- Spread the mixture in a springform pan or muffin cups with parchment paper.
- Press firmly from the center to the edge of the pan.
- In a blender, put the cashews, almond milk, dates, cocoa, lemon juice, vanilla. Blend on high speed until the texture gets very smooth.
- Add the agar-agar and mix again.
- Pour onto the crust and spread with a spatula.
- Pour evenly half of the fruit and gently push them into the filling.
- Spread the rest of the fruit on top.
Let stand for 2 hours in the fridge and check the texture.