May 25, 2020
Simple Lentil Curry
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 19 ounce can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat.
- Add onions, peppers, garlic, tomatoes and spices.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are beginning to soften.
- Add halloumi cheese, lentils and coconut milk and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Best served over cauliflower rice.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!