April 28, 2018
~ Spirulina Overnight Oats ~
It’s always nice to start the day when breakfast is already made! These are so quick to make, you can put all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix. Then you leave them over night in the fridge and you have an energizing high fibre, high protein meal that’s rich in Iron, for the morning. I like to change mine up every time I make it, it’s so easy to use different ingredients to satisfy your tastes and desires for the day! I just love how this breakfast sets me up for my day, especially if I know I won’t get the chance to eat for a couple of hours, because it will keep me full for longer. BONUS –> It’s like having dessert for breakfast.
Here’s the recipe for my Spirulina Overnight Oats
Serving Size: 2
• 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
•1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cashew milk (or milk of choice)
• 1-2 Tbsp Chia seeds
• 2 Tbsp Peanut butter
• 15 grams of Vanilla Vega Protein powder or 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp Spirulina
• Frozen Berries
• 1 Square of dark chocolate, chopped
• Anything you like!
—> If it’s really thick in the morning, just add some more milk (or water) and stir it
—> Eat until you’re full, no need to finish it all! Just cover it and keep it in the fridge, you’ll have a snack for later or breakfast for tomorrow too!
—> Experiment with the ingredients! You can omit things and add others. My favourite flavours of overnight oats are Carrot cake, Blueberry coconut, and Cinnamon bun! I’ll post my recipes for those later.
- Spirulina is a complete protein source, containing all 9 amino acids. Unlike some other vegetable protein sources that are better off combined.
- Easily digestible
- Antioxidant Powerhouse; anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-aging
- Good source of Iron, therefore boosting energy and fighting fatigue
- Great metabolism boosting snack!
- Lowers blood pressure and reduces cholesterol
This only lists a few of many of my favourite health benefits of spirulina! P.s. I could write another post about why I love oats too, but I will do that at a different time..
♥ Fall in love with taking care of yourself and nourishing your body ♥