April 23, 2021
Tomato Red Pepper Soup
- half a red bell pepper
- 1 small or medium-size tomato, I prefer heirloom or beefsteak
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 1 cup of water
- half a cup of the cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Put the tomato, pepper, garlic, onion, and water in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Let it boil for 1-2 minutes then add the rice and salt. Let it boil then reduce to medium temperature and leave it for about 5 minutes while mixing occasionally.
- Then add the olive oil and cayenne pepper and mix.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with the chopped parsley.