March 11, 2019
If you are like me and have a sweet tooth, but you feel even breathing contributes with your weight gain, fear no more! I have a delicious and guilt-free recipe that is vegan, gluten-free and utterly delicious, to satisfy those sweet cravings and include healthy nutrients, like fibre, into your diet.
For this healthy recipe, you will just need a few ingredients.
Vegan Banana and Oat Muffins
- 3 very ripe mashed bananas (the riper the sweeter, therefore, the better!)
- 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil (or equivalent – olive oil works great)
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup or coconut sugar (optional, only if you like extra sweetness, but usually the sugar from the bananas is more than enough)
- 1/2 cup of almond (or equivalent) beverage (you can also use water)
- 3 flaxseed ‘eggs’ (mix 1 part of ground flaxseeds with 3 parts of warm water. For this recipe: 3 tbs of ground flaxseeds with 9 tbs of warm water, and let sit for 15 minutes)
- 1 1/2 cups of oat flour
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of extra dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of walnuts in pieces (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Vanilla to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Divide batter evenly in your muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Let sit and cool off for a few minutes (or follow my technique of eating them right away risking to blister the entirety of your mouth for about a week) and enjoy with a glass of cashew beverage (or equivalent).