June 25, 2019
This recipe is so easy and cheap! I personally love curry and spices for many reasons: 1) for the bursting flavours and 2) the easy way to incorporate so many different complimentary veggie proteins together for a full meal. This recipe is filling and super tasty and serves for about 2-3 people. Enjoy!
Chickpea and Quinoa Curry
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of broth (chicken or vegetable) (add more if it seems too dry)
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- small can of diced or fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup of quinoa (instead of water use broth for more flavour)
- 2 tbsp curry spice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp fennel
- Cook quinoa to the proper instructions, using broth instead of water.
- First, you’ll want to chop the onion and garlic into fine chunks and add them to a large pan with olive oil to saute them until onions are soft and clear.
- Next, throw in all your beloved spices (don’t be afraid to add more or less to your specific taste). Mix them in the pan with onion and garlic until the smell is nice and strong.
- Add frozen vegetables until thawed and evenly coated in spices. Then drain and rinse the chickpeas, and add them in along with the broth and tomatoes.
- Stir and simmer over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes allowing the spices to blend in with the ingredients. Add more water or broth if the mix is seeming too dry as it simmers. The last few things to do is add is all that spinach until it is cooked into the mixture and cooked quinoa, serve hot and enjoy!