May 31, 2019
A lighter pasta salad for when you are craving carbs.
Farfalle Tricolore Salad
- 500 g Farfalle Tricolore (bowtie pasta with tomato and spinach)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 15 kalamata olives, sliced lengthwise into 4
- 15 grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise in 2
- 6 large basil leaves, sliced small
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 large lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- sea salt & pepper to taste
I prepare this the day before, omitting the tomatoes until just before serving.
- Cook pasta in salted water. Immediately remove, rinse in cold water, and then leave in cool water for 5 minutes to prevent continued cooking.
- In a mason jar or bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, zest, minced garlic, salt & pepper. If using a mason jar, just put on the lid and shake, or you can whisk in a bowl.
- Cut up the onion, red pepper, kalamata olives, and basil. Add to a large salad bowl with the salad dressing we just prepared.
- Add your cooled pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Add sliced tomatoes just before serving.