November 14, 2017
When I found out I had a gluten allergy giving up certain foods was difficult. Granola was definitely one of them. This recipe is full of healthy fats and satisfies the granola craving.
Grainless Vegan Granola
- 2 C Slivered almonds
- 2 C raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 C raw cashew pieces
- 1 C raw sunflower seeds
- 2 C raw walnut pieces
- 2 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼- ½ C pure maple syrup
- 3-4 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp Chia seeds (alt you could do 2 Tbsp flax seeds and 2 Tbsp chia seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except the oil and maple syrup. In a separate bowl mix together oil and syrup then drizzle over the nuts and mix until coated
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet in ½ inch thick layer
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through
- Mixture will be golden and toasted when ready
After baking I add in about 1 ½ cups of raw cacao nibs to the mix for added health benefits. These are added in after baking to preserve the nutrient and mineral content found in raw cacao. I have also added in dried blueberries or cranberries after baking but prefer my granola without dried fruit.
This recipe makes quite a bit so feel free to halve everything. It doesn’t last long in my house so I like to make a large batch and have it ready to go for snacking, topping oats or yogurt in the morning or even on top of dairy free ice cream.
This can also be dehydrated if you prefer but I have yet to try it so I do not have a temp or dehydrating time. If you do try the dehydrator please let me know!