August 3, 2017
These one-bowl vegan blueberry muffins are a family favourite – made from spelt and coconut flour and no sugar. The coconut nectar is a great replacement for agave nectar, which is what the original recipe* called for.
Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 c of vegetable oil or applesauce
- 1/2 c of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c of real maple syrup
- 1/4 c of coconut nectar
- 1 c of spelt flour
- 1 c of coconut flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt
- 1 c of fresh organic blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix all your wet ingredients into a large bowl.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined, then fold in your blueberries.
- Divide among the muffin cups and bake until golden (about 25 minutes).
*Adapted from the cookbook “My Father’s Daughter” original recipe.*