March 12, 2019
This is a gloriously delicious one-pot meal which I promise you will be adding to your meal rotation. Not only is it creamy, spicy, zesty and deeply satisfying, but it is also seriously nutritious! You can feel good about serving this one to yourself and your loved ones.
The cauliflower adds a good dose of Vitamin C & K and anti-inflammatory properties due to its antioxidant content. The lentils also add a great dose of fibre but also help create a wonderful creamy consistency. And of course, coconut milk! A perfect does of creamy goodness, providing you and your brain with those healthy fats you need!
Thai Curry Lentil Soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 900ml box of chicken stock, or homemade bone broth (can use vegetable broth too)
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste – just pick your fave brand!
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup red lentils
- salt to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Braggs or soy sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime, optional
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, optional
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Start by heating your soup pot and the ghee.
- Add the diced onion and a pinch of salt and saute for 5-7 mins until the onions are translucent.
- Add the carrot and cauliflower, and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the curry paste and cumin and give it a good stir until you start to smell the paste become fragrant.
- Add the box of broth and cover. Let simmer on low for about 15 mins.
- Use an immersion blender to blitz soup until smooth. Add in the coconut milk and lentils and allow to simmer until cooked through, about 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add Braggs or soy to taste and a squeeze of lime.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds if desired – enjoy!
This soup is excellent as leftovers for lunch the next day.