May 1, 2019
Depending on what part of your world you live in, for some of us, summer is already here or on the way! Eating light while eating healthy and nutritiously is important this time of year so here is a versatile, colourful, protein and fibre-rich salad that tastes great and keeps you full!
Three Bean and Whole Grain Salad
- 1 cup kidney beans (any legume you like)
- 1 cup chickpeas (any legume you like)
- 1 cup green beans cooked al dente
- 1 cup edamame (optional)
- 1 cup quinoa (or any grain such as black rice, millets or farro)
- 1 tbsp jalapeno
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onion, parsley or basil
- 1 cucumber diced and deseeded
- 1 cup cherry tomato (or more depending on your taste)
- some greens chopped (arugula, romaine lettuce or any other salad green)
- some seeds (watermelon, pumpkin or sunflower)
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- chilly flakes, salt and pepper
- (Oil-free version: increase lemon juice and add orange juice, tahini or vinegar and some dijon mustard. You can play with the replacement ingredients )
- Combine all ingredients except salad greens.
- Mix dressing and combine with the ingredients. Leave in the fridge till ready to serve.
- Add salad greens and avocado if you like just before serving.
- Adjust salt pepper and chilli flakes based on taste.