May 23, 2017
This is a quick and easy potato salad to make that is filling and tasty. Adding the red lentils boosts your protein, fibre and iron intake. I enjoy it in the summer and winter. Feel free to make substitutions. Hopefully plant based of course!
Yummy Vegan Potato Salad!
- Small red potatoes (1bag)
- 1/2 cup of small red lentils
- 1/2-1 cup of chopped green veg such as kale, cilantro or spinach
- 3 or 4 green onions
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup of veganaise or mix juice of 1 lemon and an avocado
- Boil a bag of small red potatoes with the skin on for about 15 to 20 minutes or until soft. During the last 5 minutes add red lentils to the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, chop red or green onion and red pepper. Chop up some green veggie such as cilantro, parsley or kale, about 1/2 to 1 cup depending how much you like.
- Drain potatoes and lentils and let cool. Then cut the potatoes in half or quarters if they are larger.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl or plastic container and Mix.
- Add dressing. It could be 1/2 cup of Veganaise OR mix together 1 avocado and juice of 1 lemon and mix.
- Let cool in refrigerator for a about an hour.
- Serve and enjoy.