July 20, 2018
Summer is here which has me craving fresh and light foods. Some of my favourite flavours this time of year are coconut, lime and mint. So naturally I put them together to make a refreshing and satisfying fat bomb!
I love this recipe because it is dairy free, gluten free, and vegan friendly. Not to mention, delicious!
Coconut Oil has become a staple in my ketogenic diet, especially when it comes to making fat bombs.
Coconut oil has so many benefits. It contains natural saturated fats that increase HDL (good cholesterol) and consists of medium chains triglycerides (MCTs). These types of fats move straight to the liver and are used for energy or turned into ketones. These MCTs can actually help you burn fat! And to top it all off, about 50% of the fatty acids in coconut oil is made up of lauric acid. When digested, it can help kill harmful pathogens, bacteria and fungi.
Whip up a batch of these refreshing fat bombs and get in on all these benefits!
Coconut Mojito Fat Bombs
- 1 Can of full fat coconut milk that has been chilled overnight
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Oil
- Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 packet of stevia
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2-3 Mint leaves chopped
- Pinch of pink salt
- Remove the can of coconut milk from the fridge
- Scrape the solid fat from the top and place in a food processor or blender
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor and blend until it is a creamy smooth consistency
- Pleased mixture in a bowl and let solidify in the fridge for about 20 minutes
- Scoop out tablespoon size balls and place in a container or on a plate
- If the mixture is too solid, let soften on the counter for a couple minutes
- Once you have rolled your little mojito balls, store them in a tupperware container in the fridge