June 21, 2013
This Recipe Is a Power House of Nutritional Goodness – And Tastes AMAZING!
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 inch knob of ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch of fresh pepper
- Mix ingredients for dressing first, and let sit
Cook up 2 cups of quinoa as per package directions and add:
- 1 red pepper, diced into small pieces
- 1 orange pepper, diced into small pieces
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 red onion, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup chick peas
- Feta cheese for topping – crumbled to taste
Mix salad ingredients together, and then add in dressing, mixing well. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Aside from how good it is, it is good FOR you too!
Keep reading to learn about the vitamins and minerals in this yummy dish are below…
- Quinoa is a great alternative to rice, pasta, and other grains. It is higher in protein than other grains, and contains all of the 8 essential amino acids which makes it a complete protein source. Quinoa is gluten free and easy to digest. It is high in B vitamins, fiber, folate, calcium, zinc, potassium, magnesium, and iron.
- Chickpeas contain B6, and thiamine – two vitamins that help you convert food to energy, and folate which is essential to blood cells and prevention of birth defects. They are also high in fiber and protein, and help stave off hunger.
- Parsley is more than a garnish! It provides vitamins A, C, K, Iron, and Folate, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. It is an awesome digestion booster, and helps to stave off bloating and gas.
- Cilantro is rich in vitamins A, C, K, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium and manganese. Add to the nutritional punch, cilantro also binds to heavy metals like mercury, flushing it from the body.
- Peppers provide a rich source of vitamin C, A, E, B6, folate, and fiber.
- Garlic contains allicin which helps stimulate the immune system and provides anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties.
- Ginger is anti-inflammatory, anti-nausea, antibacterial, antiviral, promotes energy circulation and increases the body’s metabolic rate.
- Raw Onion contains quercetin which has been linked to reducing blood pressure, and the sulphur compounds help prevent cancer cell growth and helps reduce breast cancer risk.
- Raw apple cider vinegar contains calcium, potassium, pectin, acetic acid – which slows the digestion of starch helping control the rise of blood sugar in the body, malic and acetic acid – which helps fight fungal and bacterial infections, and helps with painful joints.